CooperKatz is hiring!
We are growing and looking for creative, enthusiastic AE or SAE to join our team.
Award-winning independent New York public relations agency, CooperKatz & Company, seeks a high-energy individual with approximately four to five years of experience in public relations for the position of Senior Account Executive. You will play a key role on a range of engaging business-to-business, healthcare and consumer client accounts. We offer competitive compensation, a collaborative culture and work environment, and tremendous opportunity for growth. CooperKatz is consistently ranked as one of the “Best PR Agencies to Work For” by The Holmes Report. We look for ‘Renaissance people’ who bring enthusiasm, intelligence and genuine curiosity to every communications challenge.
- Assisting with strategy development and implementation of public relations and marketing programs
- Liaising with and offering appropriate counsel to client contacts
- Planning / writing a wide range of communications / public relations materials, such as press releases, media pitches, backgrounders and other collateral materials, posts for social media channels, etc.
- Assisting Account Supervisors and Managers with developing strategic documents such as programs proposals and timelines, etc.
- Developing highly-targeted media and influencer lists
- Contacting media, pitching story ideas, arranging client interviews, etc.
- Participating in developing and driving social media strategy for client accounts, working across a wide range of digital channels
- Conducting research into client or industry issues and synthesizing learnings / outputs
- Participating in creative brainstorms / process on behalf of clients
- Mentoring and helping to manage those at the Account Executive, Account Coordinator and Intern levels
- Performing and / or delegating and reviewing administrative tasks such as activity reports, client contact reports, budget tracking, etc.
- Participating in CooperKatz new business efforts as opportunities arise
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree with approximately four to five years experience in public relations (agency and / or client side)
- Strong interest in working in a “generalist” agency environment across multiple industry sectors
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on new subject matter, including a willingness to invest the time it takes to gain a deep understanding of each client’s business
- Strong media relations skills including a demonstrated ability to get meaningful results for clients
- Confidence in speaking up in both client and internal agency settings
- Strong writing skills, with experience developing effective public relations written materials (e.g., press releases, media pitches, memorandums, client reports, etc.); includes ability to help edit written work of junior team members
- Familiarity with digital / social media strategy and execution; demonstrated interest in understanding key digital technologies and platforms, and how they impact the work of PR
- Comfort working in team environment, including being an active listener, sharing workloads and treating others with caring and respect
- Ability to respond positively to feedback and constructive criticism
- Strong interest in building managing and mentoring skills, to assist in the career development and retention of more junior staff members
- High level of comfort with core business tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
Email your cover letter and resume to Jenni Walton at firstname.lastname@example.org.