Are you ready to join a dynamic, creative, team that thoroughly enjoys working together to create award-winning programs for clients in a variety of industries? If so, independent New York public relations agency, CooperKatz & Company, would love to meet you.
We are growing and looking for several candidates to support our exciting new clients!
- We are hiring for an SAE with at least 4 years of public relations experience (agency experience preferred). The ideal candidate will have a background in communications for financial or professional services, although it is not required.
- We are also hiring for an AC or AE with 1-3 years of public relations experience (agency experience preferred).
As an AC, AE or SAE, you will play a key role on a range of engaging accounts. We offer competitive compensation, a collaborative culture and work environment, and tremendous opportunity for growth. You should be a Renaissance person with varied interests, who brings enthusiasm, intelligence and genuine curiosity to every communications challenge.
- Contributing to all aspects of account planning and strategy – including participating in client and / or internal team meetings
- Drafting a wide range of communications / public relations materials, such as press releases, media pitches, backgrounders and other collateral materials, posts for social media channels, etc.
- Developing highly-targeted media and influencer lists
- Contacting media, pitching story ideas, arranging client interviews, etc.
- Participating in developing and driving social media strategy for client accounts, working across a wide range of digital channels
- Conducting research into client or industry issues and synthesizing learnings / outputs
- Participating in creative brainstorms / process on behalf of clients
- Mentoring and helping to manage those at the Account Coordinator and Intern levels
- Performing administrative tasks such as activity reports, client contact reports, budget tracking, etc.
- Participating in CooperKatz new business efforts as opportunities arise
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- AC / AE: Bachelor’s degree with approximately 1 to 3 years of experience in public relations (agency and / or client side)
- SAE: Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of experience in public relations (agency and / or client side)
- Strong interest in working in a “generalist” agency environment across multiple industry sectors
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on new subject matter, including a willingness to invest the time it takes to gain a deep understanding of each client’s business
- Strong media relations skills including a demonstrated ability to get meaningful results for clients
- Confidence in speaking up in both client and internal agency settings
- Strong writing skills, with experience developing effective public relations written materials (e.g., press releases, media pitches, memorandums, client reports, etc.)
- Familiarity with digital / social media strategy and execution; demonstrated interest in understanding key digital technologies and platforms, and how they impact the work of PR
- Comfort working in team environment, including being an active listener, sharing workloads and treating others with caring and respect
- Ability to respond positively to feedback and constructive criticism
- Strong interest in building managing and mentoring skills, to assist in the career development and retention of more junior staff members
- High level of comfort with core business tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
Please specify the position you are applying for in your cover letter. Email your cover letter and resume to Jenni Walton at email@example.com.
Follow CooperKatz on social media for PR / marketing insights and client & company news.