Are you ready to join a dynamic, creative team that thoroughly enjoys working together to create award-winning programs? If so, independent New York public relations agency, CooperKatz & Company, would love to meet you.
We are looking for a high-energy individual with approximately 10 or more years of experience in public relations for the position of Manager, Client Services. You will lead a range of engaging business-to-business and consumer accounts, as well as serve on our Management Team. Experience working with healthcare industry clients is a plus.
At CooperKatz, we value our caring and collaborative culture. We have been honored as one of the Best Agencies to Work For by industry publication, The Holmes Report, and made the Crain’s New York Business list of the best places to work in New York City.
- Leading strategy development and implementation of public relations programs for approximately three to five client accounts and / or projects
- Providing senior counsel for accounts, including serving as primary liaison for client contacts
- Managing and guiding professional development of team members assigned to client accounts
- Managing and growing client relationships
- Writing strategic programs and a range of other marketing / public relations materials, as well as overseeing writing quality of materials developed by team members
- Cultivating relationships with key media contacts / influencers; securing high-level coverage as appropriate for client accounts
- Driving digital engagement, social media and content marketing strategies for client accounts
- Overseeing all executional responsibilities and administrative tasks associated with client accounts
- Participating as an active, engaged member of CooperKatz Management Team, supporting day-to-day management of the agency as well as long-term strategic planning
- Contributing to CooperKatz new business efforts, including researching / developing strategy, creative and tactics for new business pitches, and developing / delivering presentations to prospects
- Serving as Career Manager for two to three CooperKatz professionals
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree with approximately 10 or more years experience in public relations (agency and / or client side)
- Proven account leadership skills, with “big picture” understanding of each client’s industry, issues and operating environment
- Background in communications for business-to-business and / or healthcare clients a plus
- Confident and effective speaker and presenter, as well as an active listener open to feedback
- Sophisticated writing skills with experience developing high-level strategic documents (e.g., proposals, programs, strategy documents)
- Demonstrated experience in leading digital engagement, social media and content strategies; clear investment in staying hands-on with key technologies and platforms
- Experience in working across multiple industry sectors
- Proven ability to retain and build client relationships, including managing through challenges
- High levels of accountability relative to financial stewardship of client accounts and agency as a whole
- Proven ability to manage teams that generate results as well as treat one another with caring and respect
- Thoughtful and effective coaching of junior staff; invested in the development and retention of high-potential staff members
- Innovative and creative thinker
- High level of comfort with core business tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
To Apply: Please specify the position you are applying for in your cover letter and email your cover letter and resume to Jenni Walton at email@example.com.
Follow CooperKatz on social media for PR / marketing insights and client & company news.