Award-winning independent New York public relations agency, CooperKatz & Company, seeks high-energy individuals for Account Coordinator or Account Executive positions.
And for anyone who'd like to apply, just send a thoughtful email along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Account Coordinator position requires prior public relations internship or 1 year of agency / in-house experience. The Account Executive position requires approximately 2 years of agency / in-house experience. Both positions involve playing a key role on a range of engaging business-to-business and consumer client accounts. We offer competitive compensation, a collaborative culture and work environment, and tremendous opportunity for growth. (Ranked #11 on The Holmes Report 2011 list of “Best North American Agencies to Work For”)
- Writing materials to support the execution of client programs, including media pitches, press releases, backgrounders, fact sheets and copy for collateral materials.
- Developing comprehensive mainstream and social media target lists, connecting with a broad range of outlet types and contacts, pitching story concepts and news, arranging client interviews, brainstorming creative news angles, etc.
- Supporting the execution of other elements of client programs such as special events, video productions and promotions.
- Participating in the development of and driving social media strategy for client accounts, working across a wide range of digital channels and platforms
- Performing administrative tasks such as compiling coverage reports, writing correspondence, organizing mailings, maintaining databases, doing research, tracking budgets, etc.
- Contributing to all aspects of account planning and strategy – including participating in client and / or internal team meetings, brainstorms, etc.
- Participating in research regarding new business prospects and pitches; contributing to new business brainstorms
- Additionally, Account Executives are responsible for the guidance and oversight of the work of more junior team members.
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree plus public relations internship or 1 year of agency / in-house experience for Account Coordinator position
- Bachelor’s degree plus approximately 2 years agency / in-house experience for Account Executive position
- Strong interest in working in a generalist agency environment across multiple industry sectors
- Ability to quickly research and ramp-up on new subject matter, including a willingness to invest the time it takes to gain a deep understanding of each client’s business
- Strong media relations skills including a demonstrated ability to get meaningful results for clients
- Confidence in speaking up in both client and internal agency settings