Are you ready to join a dynamic, creative, team that enjoys working together to create award-winning programs for clients in a variety of industries? If so, independent New York public relations agency, CooperKatz & Company, would love to meet you.
We are growing and looking for candidates at two levels:
- Account Supervisor (AS): Bachelor’s degree with at least 6 years of experience in public relations (at least 3 years of agency experience required)
- Senior Account Executive (SAE): Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of experience (at least 2 years of agency experience required)
As an AS or SAE, you will play a key role on a range of engaging accounts. We offer competitive compensation, a collaborative culture and work environment, and tremendous opportunity for growth. You should be a Renaissance person with varied interests, who brings enthusiasm, intelligence and genuine curiosity to every communications challenge.
- Contributing to all aspects of account planning, strategy and execution
- Leading / participating in client and / or internal team meetings
- Drafting / editing a wide range of communications / public relations materials, such as press releases, media pitches, backgrounders and other collateral materials, posts for social media channels, etc.
- Providing thoughtful counsel to clients on a day-to-day basis
- Contacting media, pitching story ideas, arranging client interviews, etc.
- Participating in developing and driving social media strategy for client accounts, working across a wide range of digital channels
- Conducting research into client or industry issues and synthesizing learnings / outputs
- Participating in creative brainstorms / process on behalf of clients
- Mentoring and helping to manage junior team members
- Participating in CooperKatz new business efforts as opportunities arise
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Strong interest in working in a “generalist” agency environment across multiple industry sectors
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on new subject matter, including a willingness to invest the time it takes to gain a deep understanding of each client’s business
- Strong media relations skills and a demonstrated ability to get meaningful results for clients
- Solid writing skills, with experience developing effective public relations written materials (e.g., press releases, media pitches, memorandums, client reports, etc.)
- Familiarity with digital / social media strategy and execution; demonstrated interest in understanding key digital technologies and platforms, and how they impact the work of PR
- An ability to think strategically and take both a big picture and long-term view of account assignments
- A thoughtful, confident presence when speaking in both client and internal agency settings
- Comfort working in team environment, including being an active listener, sharing workloads and treating others with caring and respect
- Ability to respond positively to feedback and constructive criticism
- Experience and interest in managing the work of junior team members and interns, helping to mentor them and developing their skill sets
- Interest in participating in new business research and presentations
- High level of comfort with core business tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
At CooperKatz, we value our caring and collaborative culture. We have been honored as one of the Best Agencies to Work For by industry publication, The Holmes Report, and also recently named by Crain’s New York Business as one of the best places to work in New York City.
Please specify the position you are applying for in your cover letter and email your cover letter and resume to Jenni Walton at email@example.com.
Follow CooperKatz on social media for PR / marketing insights and client & company news.