Fresh Faces is a series on our blog in which we introduce new members of the CooperKatz team. In this post, get to know our new account executive, Chelsea D’Amore!
1. What inspired you to start your career in PR?
I went to school with the plan to become a lawyer, thinking public relations was a great background to have in pursuing that career path. As I took more PR courses and internships, I found it combined all the things I enjoyed about law – precise communication and sharp presentation – with the fast-paced media world I was coming to love.
2. You’ve been at CooperKatz for a little more than a month now. What do you like most about the company so far?
CooperKatz has a truly collaborative environment that I really appreciate. Everyone here is ready to lend a hand to create the best possible results, and everyone has been so helpful in showing me the ropes!
3. What is one of your favorite things to do in New York City?
I became a big fan of the local music scene where I grew up in Cleveland, so I’ve been really enjoying checking out different venues around the city and finding some favorite new local bands.
4. If you could meet one public figure, past or present, who would it be and why?
Donald Glover. He can basically do everything – acting, comedy, writing, directing, music, producing… Plus he’s going to play Lando Calrissian and that’s a big deal.
5. Tell us a “fun fact” about you.
I once talked about beer with Joe Torre on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.
Follow CooperKatz on social media for PR / marketing insights and client & company news.