Today we say goodbye to another fascinating year in the world of news, media, marketing and PR. As an avid consumer of news, I’m a sucker for end-of-year roundup articles; I love to see what top stories made the cut and what stories and viral videos I missed throughout the year.
Below is my roundup of roundups – the best of "the best of 2014." Let me know in the comments or on Twitter (@CooperKatzPR & @danaschwartz4) any good articles I missed. Here’s to a fantastic 2015!
News & Images
- The year we just lived through, in one video [Vox.com]
- Print Magazine Covers Tell The Most Powerful Stories Of 2014 [Huffington Post]
- TIME Picks the Top 100 Photos of 2014 [TIME]
- 2014: A Year in Photos [Whitehouse.gov]
PR & Marketing
- 10 PR Stunts That Won 2014 [Inc.]
- Here's a Timeline of Brands Scoring Big in Social Media This Year [Adweek]
- The Biggest PR Winners of 2014 [Mediabistro]
- CMO Today’s Top Stories of 2014 [Wall Street Journal, CMO Today]
The Fun Stuff
- The Best of 2014 [Buzzfeed]
- The heart emoji is 2014's most popular word [The Verge]
- The top memes and viral videos of 2014 [BBC News]
- The Best Apps of 2014 [Gizmodo]
Follow CooperKatz on social media for PR / marketing insights and client & company news.