It’s crucial for PR pros to stay on top of the news, but it’s impossible to catch everything that’s relevant to us. Here is a roundup of the stories we found most interesting this week:
- Volkswagen Brand in Free Fall After Emissions Crisis, PR News
It's all hands on deck in Volkswagen's PR department after the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency alleged the company misrepresented emissions data in some of its diesel cars.
- Why a 2,000-word letter? Alibaba's comms head tells all, PR Week
Alibaba comms leader explains why the Chinese e-commerce giant chose to fight a Barron's article with a 2000-word letter to the editor rather than taking a short, snappy approach on social. W
- Why Ad-Blocking is Good News for Almost Everyone, Advertising Age
Apple's Move to Block Mobile Ads Will Force Advertisers to Rethink Mobile.
- 7 ways PR pros can be productive on social media, PR Daily
It is possible to be on social media for three hours every day but be productive for only five of those minutes.
- Facebook is expanding its workplace social network to hundreds of companies, The Verge
It's like Facebook, but for work.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- 6 Ways to Boost Your Creativity, Inc.
Conjure up creativity with these six simple tips.
- The PR Pro's Guide to Effective Media Relations, PRNewser
If you work in PR, chances are that you know enough about storytelling to be dangerous.
Follow CooperKatz on social media for PR / marketing insights and client & company news.