Public affairs and critical issues.
Every organization faces marketplace / industry issues and public policy challenges, many of which can deeply affect business objectives, corporate reputations and overall business performance. These critical issues – whether related to reputational challenges, regulatory concerns or other matters – are not confined to a particular aspect of a business and will likely have considerable impact across an entire entity. Therefore, it is essential that an organization’s communications strategy take a comprehensive approach to public affairs and issues management while working in concert with other facets of its outreach.
At CooperKatz, we help companies and organizations proactively address and reactively respond to complex business and public policy issues with integrated communications solutions that deliver optimal results.
We design and execute public affairs and PR campaigns using a four-tiered approach:
- Research – Conduct a comprehensive and wide-ranging audit to fully understand the social, political and business dimensions of the issue, including a focus on key stakeholders, public opinion dynamics, media coverage, legislative developments and competitor activities
- Strategic Planning – Develop an integrated communications plan to help raise stakeholder awareness (e.g., policymakers, consumers, media and business community leaders) and prompt attitudinal and behavioral changes consistent with established campaign objectives. Our approach includes:
- Establish a clear set of communication and organization objectives
- Identify various stakeholders and influencers
- Craft effective messaging
- Cultivate a media relations strategy
- Develop a social / digital strategy and building out online channels as needed
- Identify clear success metrics
- Execution – Implement the tactical elements of the communications strategy, including:
- Conduct media / messaging training sessions
- Conduct extensive media outreach to key journalists and media outlets
- Secure interview opportunities for spokespeople
- Pitch and place byline or op-ed articles
- Drive the digital strategy across multiple channels
- Incorporate creative services / marketing materials (e.g., video production, marketing collateral, advertising)
- Monitor and report metrics and results
- Assessment – Provide a comprehensive report detailing the results and overall performance of the campaign / communications plan
Our issues-oriented experience.
Our issues-oriented experience. CooperKatz has developed and driven public affairs / issues-oriented campaigns for a wide range of organizations across a number of industry sectors. The below case history links provide examples of just some of the issues we have tackled on behalf of our clients:
- ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Artists and Publishers)
- The Consulate General of Belgium
- Digital Advertising Alliance
- Invest Northern Ireland
- The Physicians Foundation
- Vespa / Piaggio